Thursday, March 12, 2015

SLS XTron Lithium polymer batteries.

Today I received my SLS XTRON Lipo batteries from FedEx, they are known and proven to be a great lipo brand in Europe. I read the discharge graphs and tests from their website which indicated that they made good quality lipos with conservative C-ratings.

The SLS-Team carefully packed the Lipos very nicely for the shipment journey.
They came with AMASS XT-90 which are good plugs.
Main discharge leads are 10AWG for this lipo pack.
The oblong formed cells pouches are nicely manufactured and packed together with two metal plates between them.
It prevents the aluminium pouches from deforming due to rough handling, which is extra costs and processes for the manufacturer but greatly beneficial to the user.


All 6 of my SLS XTRON 5000mah 6s1p 40C batteries had matched cells in good hibernation voltage!

 It is difficult to calculate lipo IR due to variable conditions in the lipo chemistry, age and state of charge.
Typically I would see IR values go up over high number of cycles by using an IR checking capable battery charger or in this case my simple IR checker. My simple IR checker is not an accurate tool, however on brand new high grade lipo brands, I would normally see 2.0 to 1.7 mOhms at the 1kHz/2A column. For SLS i am seeing 1.8mOhms!! This is an indicator that it is able to take the high discharge demands.

The weight and dimensions are exact as publish on the website. I am happy it will fit my heli's chassis and center of gravity correctly.


Lipo batteries do need lots of care and monitoring, even high grade lipo packs can be permanently degraded or destroyed in less then 15 cycles if they are undersized for the power requirements, overloaded, over discharged, inaccurately charged and overheated. Looking forward to fly the SLS Lipos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment